There is increasing high level interest in wellness and integrative medicine/oncology in Australia. This session will focus on wellness models in the acute cancer setting and the integration of wellness models into mainstream cancer care: barriers and enablers.
Contributors to the session are: Ian Olver, Chair; David Joske, SolarisCare, Perth WA; Suzanne Grant, Chris O’Brien Lifehouse, Sydney NSW; and Tammy Boatman, Olivia Newton-John Cancer & Wellness Centre, Melbourne VIC.
Topics to be covered include:
· Setting (public/private, integrated or not integrated)
· Rationale for establishment of program
· Business model (including governance & funding mechanisms)
· Services offered
· Service delivery models including paid staff/volunteers or both
· Credentialing, liability, insurance issues
· Consumer engagement
This breakfast session is free for conference delegates, but it’s important to register because COSA will be providing breakfast! You can register by selecting this breakfast session in the 'add-ons' section of the registration portal.